For starters things seemed "iffy" on Friday if we could still have the breakfast, with talks of the winds and rains from Tropical Storm Joaquin but the decision was to come together anyway. Then I received a text, early Saturday morning that there had been a leak in the roof at the church office. I arrived at the office with the repair crew just finishing up their temporary repairs. Inside I saw significant water damage but it was confined to one office where the door could be closed. OK that shouldn't be a problem...
Started vacuuming the area in preparation for everyone when the power began to flicker, resumed vacuuming and again a flicker and then no power. Thankfully preparation was done and things were ready for the first arrival.
Sure it was a little dark with the rainy day, there was no power but there was a joy in being together for fellowship. Made a minor adjustment to the plans and started with a song of worship with the focus on Psalm 61:1-4 and there was an amazing time of prayer that followed. There were prayers of confession, thanksgiving, intercession, honesty and transparency filled with longing for changed hearts and lives. It was a special time as each prayer was lifted and as it seemed each one had time to pray and we were ending... the lights came on and the power was restored. The Lord ministered to us! We finished by sharing breakfast together.
...Did I mention the wrong book came for the True Woman 201 class? by Debbie
Psalm 61:1-4
Assurance of God’s Eternal Protection
Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah
No comments:
Post a Comment